(HAMPTON, Va.) — Six local employers’ efforts to hire more individuals with disabilities were recognized Oct. 4 by the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services, Peninsula Worklink, SEVA Rapid Response and Peninsula Council for Workforce Development.
This year’s champions of disability employment include:
- AAFES Dan Daniel Distribution Center, Newport News
- Brevard Achievement Center, Joint Base Langley-Eustis
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Hampton VA Medical Center
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- PORTCO Inc., Portsmouth
Gov. Terry McAuliffe recognizes October as Disability Employment Awareness Month in Virginia. Read the proclamation here.